252. Nicholas Bruss: Breaking the Psychedelic Stigma: Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy, MDMA, Integration & More
Nicholas Bruss is an integrative psychotherapist who was instrumental to Jordan’s mental health growth and healing from 2015 to around 2018. Since working together, he’s evolved his traditional practice to become a researcher, advocate, and specialist in the field of psychedelic-assisted therapy, a topic close to Jordan’s heart.
This episode goes beyond the anecdotal reflections of psychedelic experiences and deep dives into the science and current research surrounding psychedelics as medicinal tools. Nicolas Bruss is a member of MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) and the founder of The Psychedelic Coalition. Both groups are committed to eliminating the stigma attached to “drugs,” such as ketamine and MDMA, by advocating for their health benefits with solid research. It’s fascinating to learn more about how the legalization process is progressing for MDMA, which is on the cusp of being FDA approved to treat PTSD.
If you have burning questions on psychedelic therapies, this episode delivers so much factual information, grounded in scientific understanding and clinical research, to sate your curiosity. Nick generously shares how he trained with MDMA himself and invites us all to connect to the study and investigate this new paradigm of mental health.
Thanks to Organifi for sponsoring this episode. Jordan is such a fan of their superfood blends of adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms to fight stress and boost energy. Simply mix a scoop with water or plant-based milk of your choice to uplevel your nutrition on the go. Head to organifi.com/balanced and use the code “BALANCED” for 20% off all products.
Thanks to Sakara Life for sponsoring this episode. This plant-based food brand delivers delicious organic meals and daily wellness essentials straight to your door. Get 20% off your first order by going on sakara.com/balanced and enter “BLONDE20” at checkout.
- Read: How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollen
- Read: Consciousness Medicine: Indigenous Wisdom, Entheogens, and Expanded States of Consciousness for Healing and Growth by Françoise Bourzat, Kristina Hunter, et al.
- Website: thebalancedblonde.com
- Store: thebalancedblonde.com/shop
- Instagram: @thebalancedblonde