The Perfect New Years Challenge to Find Balance & Get Fit

So, I am unbelievably excited to share today’s post with you guys. The New Year is coming around the corner, which is my absolute favorite time of year to take the reigns of my own wellness goals and lifestyle aspirations and make. them. happen. Meaning… it’s also my favorite time of year to share the best tips & tricks I’ve learned with YOU.

You probably know by now that I am very careful about New Years challenges, resolutions, holiday detoxes, etc. And by very careful I mean I don’t do them myself or recommend them to you guys unless I see a very important sustainability factor & some serious benefits to be gained and to keep under your belt long after the “New Year” has passed.

I see too many people getting stuck in the rut of mapping out their health and fitness goals every January and then falling off the wagon when results aren’t immediate or when maintaining the healthy choices gets too tough. That’s why learning how to make healthy lifestyle changes instead of trying to “detox” and/or change drastically overnight is so much more important.

On that note, I am way more into goal setting versus giving in to a “quick fix” as far as New Years resolutions go. But that doesn’t mean that I am anti-resolution! I think that the beginning of the year is a wonderful time to wipe your slate clean, set some new goals, get re-inspired and give yourself an extra boost of confidence to CRUSH YOUR GOALS instead of just thinking about them as a part of your distant future. “Ohhhh… maybe next year” is not an option around here. Sorry. Won’t let ya get away with it. I care about you too much to let you do that. :)

In order to make lifestyle changes, you need guidance, inspiration and a maintainable fitness routine and nutrition plan. So I have done the dirty work for you and have done a little digging to find a program recommendation for those of us who do best with structure and having a group to hold ourselves accountable. I know I am all about structure when it comes to a fitness and nutrition plan.. Which is why my marathon team has been a godsend for the growth of my running over the past several months!

But today we’re not talking about running. We are talking about a fun January challenge that you can do anywhere — your house, the office, your bedroom floor (yessss) or even in a fitness studio with friends,

This is a New Years challenge that I believe in so much that I am actually going to do it with you guys!! That’s right. I’m in for the challenge. You know I love a good challenge. Since there are so many things I want to tell you about this program I made a little list to nail down all the deets before I break it down further. Check it…

Barre3 January Challenge

Get Strong. Find Balance. Feel Good.

barre3new3

A Lil’ Overview For You…

•  3 Pillars of barre3 (and the Challenge): Exercise, Nourish, Connect
  • The challenge includes taking four 60-minute classes and one 10-minute do-anywhere class per week, led by barre3 founder Sadie Lincoln and her team of Master Trainers.
  • Each week, you will make one recipe from the program that is designed to help you sustain energy, tone your bod and balance your blood sugar. (My personal fav is the Green Detox Smoothie… Recipe later in this post!). There’s the nutrition factor! Yes!
  • Beyond the challenge, you will have access to over 200 workouts that you can do in the comfort of our own home. (SCORE.)
  • You will have direct support the whole way through from barre3 founder Sadie Lincoln through weekly podcasts, four live Q&A sessions & more.
  • Everyone participating will have access to Challenge workouts, recipes, and podcasts through a special website just for them. The website will go live on January 1 — AKA TODAY! Exciting. But even before the challenge starts on the 4th, if you join you will be able to check out the 200 workouts on their site, yummy seasonal recipes, and guided exercise and nutrition programs so you can get to familiar with barre3 before the Challenge kicks off on January 4th.
  • (MY FAVORITE PART:) You will make the challenge your own by learning how to customize the food and exercise elements of the program. In this way, you’re able to tailor the program to get the results that you are looking for. Some people will be looking for weight loss (check out link for a transformation story!) while others may be looking to detox and get back on a cleaner diet after the holidays, while others may be looking to tone. You can have it all, but we are all different and this program celebrates our unique needs and fitness goals.
  • Through the Q&A sessions you will also learn the super valuable and sustainable techniques of time management, avoiding shame (huge!), and finding balance beyond the challenge.
  • You will have access to a functional nutritionist in the live Q&A’s and also with a time-management coach
  • Beyond the challenge, you will have access to over 200 barre online workouts that you can do in the comfort of our own home. (SCORE.)
  • Personal tracker available to track your progress
  • Grocery List
  • barre3 gear available to keep you motivated / reward your hard work with!
  • Only $10 to subscribe online & have access to the challenge

barre3new4

BTW, if/when you sign up for this program, use the promo code b3balancedblonde to be entered into a sweepstakes to win 6 months free barre3 Online + a signed copy of Breaking Vegan. Consider it a post-holiday gift from us to you. :)

WHAT KINDA WORKOUT IS IT?!

I know the above was just a little overview and you probably still have questions about what the workouts actually look like. All barre3 classes are inspired by a combo of ballet barre, yoga and Pilates. The instructors will guide you through a specific sequence of movements that tone and lengthen all major muscle groups, rev up your heart rate, and strengthen your body. Each class mixes athleticism, grace, and the latest innovations designed to balance your bod. Pretty cool, huh?

BARRE3 ONLINE DEETS:

Your subscription to barre3 Online includes access to hundreds of effective, do-anywhere workouts ranging from 10 to 60 minutes (SO AWESOME!), delicious and easy to make recipes, as well as exercise guides and nutrition programs to help you shed weight, tone, balance your body and gain energy.

barre37

THE CHALLENGE ITSELF & WHY I, TBB, AM DECIDING TO TAKE PART:

Beyond what I mentioned in the list above about the challenge, I am a huge supporter of it because of the support that each challenger gets the whole way through. You will have access to weekly podcasts of Sadie, live Q&A sessions (first one is at 5pm PST on Monday 1/4! So soon!!!), and 200 workouts online. This is such a great challenge for the busy, on-the-go person because you can do these workouts at home and not have to worry about consistently making it to a studio. It’s a great combo of personal motivation + group motivation, because you have access to instructors, coaches and a nutritionist, but you also have to be on yourself to do the workouts each day… And I believe that learning to hold yourself accountable is the best way to truly make a change.

The workouts included range from rigorous to short and sweet, including 10-minute stress relief workouts, a desk workout, and a “kitchen reset.” The reason why I love all of this so much is because it teaches you to make a real change… It is not just a month long challenge. It’s an investment in your health & feeling BETTER from here on out!

My favorite recipe from the challenge…

Green Detox Smoothie

This refreshing smoothie gets things moving within your digestive system to help you beat bloat. Cinnamon and ginger increase circulation, while parsley acts as a mild diuretic to help reduce excess water retention. The hemp hearts and ground flax seed are not only a great source of complete protein and healthy fiber, but they also feed your good gut bacteria. As an added bonus, the balanced nutrition in this smoothie makes this an easy meal on the go.

Ingredients:

– 2 cups almond milk

– 1 pear (or apple)

– 1 frozen banana

– 1 knob of fresh ginger

– 2 Tbs. hemp hearts

– 1 cup parsley

– 1 cup spinach

– 1 Tbs. chia or flax seeds

– 1 tsp. vanilla

– 1 tsp cinnamon

– Several ice cubes if you like it colder

Instructions:

1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and whirl away until smooth and creamy.

SO!!! If you want to make a healthy, sustainable & maintainable lifestyle change this year involving fitness & nutrition… I highly encourage you to check out this program by signing up for barre3 online. Don’t forget to use the code b3balancedblonde when you sign up so you can enter our sweepstakes for 6 free months online + a signed copy of my book!

The barre3 Challenge is free with your subscription to barre3 Online. So, if you just want to access barre3 online workouts but you’re not sure about the challenge yet, just opt in to the Challenge anyway so you can tune into the kickoff live Q&A session with Sadie and functional nutritionist Andrea Nakayama on 1/4 at 5pm PST. They will answer alllll of your questions from “Can I drink alcohol during the Challenge” to “Is barre3 cardio?” AND you will learn more about barre3 and what it really is.

Lastly, all the best things that have ever happened to me in life have been when I challenge myself to do something out of my comfort zone. Maybe this is it for you. Let this be YOUR YEAR. :) I will be detailing my journey and results on my blog & Instagram! LMK if you have any questions and comment below if you plan on joining me! Love you guys!!
Join the barre3 Challenge with me using the code b3balancedblonde at checkout!

barre3new5

Join the barre3 Challenge with me using the code b3balancedblonde at checkout!

barre3new2

23 thoughts on “The Perfect New Years Challenge to Find Balance & Get Fit

1. Jordan Younger Post author

Liz!! That’s so awesome. Why am I not surprised that we are on the same page? You’ll have to rock your new TBV shirts in the studio!!! Yippee. Happy New Year beauty xo

1. Liz S.

I absolutely ADORE the shirt!!!! Thank you so much again for sending XO And let me know about setting up the Skype session (if there’s a deadline – I feel like time keeps slipping away and getting busier for everyone, haha. I promise I’m not avoiding it!).

1. Jamie

I just kind of stumbled upon this… I was wondering if there will be vegetarian/vegan options? (aside from smoothies of course :))

1. Jamie

oh geez, I just realized that was probably a pretty stupid question after spending a few more minutes on your site…. haha woops

2. Clancy Burke

I think this is an awesome thing to kick off the new year! I just found your website this past year and I am so glad I did. You are such an inspiration, both with your past battle with orthorexia, and just in general for an aspiring writer like myself. Thank you for all of the work/effort you put into your blog and thank you for being an inspiration to girls like myself.
    Keep up the good work!

Clancy Burke

3. Jennifer

Barre3 is a fabulous partner for you to have!!! I have done their in studio classes and they come from a very positive place, you will never hear the instructors talk about “fitting into skinny jeans” etc, it’s all about feeling better and more powerful! That said taking the classes will help you fit into your skinny jeans 😉

4. Clear

Most packaged wrappers aand marketing hype will try to make consumers believe that sokme nutrition bars are the golden answeer to obtaining that ean body without lifting a finger or doiong any exercise.
    There is abolutely no qudstion that sports bar owners
    should have televisions to kerep guests entertained,
    and as you kno from being out there, the number of restaurants with strategically placed televisions is growing rapidly.
    These portable bars arre usually made from wood or bamboo.

5. hcg

Vitality Med Spa is happy to supply our Expert grade of HCG Drops that gives a comprehensive
    approach to shedding fat and trying to keep it off. Not simply is our Mix the actual detail,
    it’s only readily available by way of among our companies.

You can’t invest in the exact same products from other
    organizations online! We now have investigated and studied to discover the best combination of HCG that may be simpler and compliant concurrently.
    Our components of HCG Drops produced in a GMP Accredited
    facility exactly where you’ll find rigid specifications and random tests that occurs to guarantee perfection.

I’ve made use of genuine HCG and it’s forty two days of injections, and it
    really works. Go to a Medical professionals office and find out exactly how much HCG actually is.

You should cease believing these providers, they make thousands
    and thousands off your lack of data. Your wasting your time and
    cash folks.

Which naturally doesn’t include African Mango but also
    has a little alcohol in it. Allow me to know Should you have
    other inquiries or concerns Rupert. I are going to be more than delighted to give you facts.

Comments about HCG PLATINUM HCG Platinum: I had been anxious
    this HCG Platinum model would be among the list of bogus products which don’t have any HCG in them.
    But due to the fact it is currently coming by way of GNC,
    I hoped It could be The nice things. It is actually.
    You may convey to from your quite to start with dose,
    that it really works! I have been on it so far for 17 days, and I’ve misplaced 17 kilos.

A pound a day, just like it suggests. And NO starvation, also like it suggests.
    My ONLY grievance could well be which i ordered 2 bottles which have been speculated to very last 30
    times Every.

Reviews about HCG PLATINUM HCG Platinum: When my sister-in-regulation and One more Mate
    explained to me they experienced investigated the HCG
    food plan and have been likely to begin it (a single carrying out
    the injections and 1 using drops) I used to be skeptical.
    It appeared like just One more gimmick. But I gave them two months and primarily based
    on their outcomes, I chose to test it for myself.
    The primary three-four days on the VLCD were being the
    hardest, but I am on my final week of your “servicing” part of the strategy (7 days 12) and I have lost 34 lbs
    thus far (went from the dimensions 22 to an eighteen).

In fashionable medication, investigate begins when researchers have a robust belief that a chemical is beneficial.
    Then they must get funding to create randomized
    blinded controlled reports to test the hypothesis.

Of course I missing body weight at the outset I had been only having five
    hundred energy or much less each day but It isn’t worth the Price.
    The box states it truly is for thirty days but
    as of nowadays I’m Just about out. To me this genuinely wasn’t
    worth the Charge and GNC provides greater, less costly choices.
    As generally GNC permits you to definitely return products that you’re not pleased with and I did that now.

Opinions about HCG PLATINUM HCG Platinum: Attempted this for your
    23 day system…Indeed, I did eliminate fat (with
    a few cheats!) ~15pounds. But I used to be STARVING basically all the time.
    I believe i did consume in excess of the 500calories/day, and immediately after the 1st week, I began working out,
    which made me even hungrier.

-Adequate solution for getting you thru. 1 explanation We’ve got our “invest in one particular, get
    1 free” Specific is so that you get 2 times just
    as much product per buy, that way you’ve sufficient for additional rounds,
    or merely to keep some handy to battle any hunger pains.

Responses about HCG PLATINUM HCG Platinum: I just completed my a person spherical of HCG Platinum And that i am happy with my final results.
    I found that it absolutely was simple to acquire. I’ve examine where some individuals mentioned which they felt hungry, but as for
    me I did not have an urge for food. In truth, at times I needed to
    power myself to consume.

Firstly, no person is aware needless to say if HCG truly helps with fat loss.
    These subsequent the “hcg diet program” only consume 500 calories on a daily basis & you may reduce excess weight on that eating plan whether or not you take
    HCG or not.

Responses about HCG PLATINUM HCG Platinum: I begun my
    drops July 18th. on my 1st week of completion I dropped 6lbs and 4inches.
    I’ve a goal to achieve of 130 from 153(commencing) I have days I do not eliminate but then the
    subsequent day I will get rid of a pound. I want to lose the load more
    rapidly but undecided how. Keep to the food plan particularly mainly because it claims and when you work out don’t about do it.

The opposite factor I seen was which the instructions for the product or service
    specified on their own Web site was a lot more specific and various in the Instructions that
    arrived from the box.

Remarks about HCG PLATINUM HCG Platinum: I’ve tried
    out a lot of food plan items on the market but this has become the most
    effective one to date. I’ve dropped twelve lbs in two
    weeks. Each morning im energized for getting on the dimensions
    to determine my progress and it retains me inspired. I find it irresistible!

6. usmle world

Hi there I am so grateful I found your website, I really found you by mistake,
    while I was researching on Bing for something else, Regardless I am here now and would
    just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post and a all round thrilling blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have
    book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time
    I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up
    the awesome work.

7. pula

It’s the best time to make a few plans for the long run and it’s
    time to be happy. I have read this submit and if I
    may I desire to counsel you some fascinating issues or
    tips. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles regarding this article.
    I desire to read even more issues about it!

8. what the fuck

May I just say what a comfort to uncover somebody who truly knows what they’re discussing over the internet.
    You certainly realize how to bring a problem to light and
    make it important. A lot more people must read this and understand this side of
    the story. It’s surprising you are not more popular given that you definitely possess
    the gift.

9. Dedra

The essential is that unlike past treatments, the tinnitus is not being
    masked and not being hidden. Some of these can be a contributing factor in the
    onset of tinnitus symptoms. Patients should implement for
    it and it truly is proposed that they already be below the consideration of a physician, however the grant is for $1500.

10. site

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful information particularly the last part :) I care for such
    information a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a very long
    time. Thank you and good luck.

11. indolotto

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this website.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual
    appearance. I must say that you’ve done a awesome job with this.
    Also, the blog loads super quick for me on Internet explorer.

Excellent Blog!