I know I’ve mentioned to you guys before that I, surprisingly, don’t read a lot of blogs! I have a few that I check out on the the reg because I like to support the well & healthy lifestyle blogging community (duh, big time), but other than my little blog roll… I am not what you’d call the most avid blog reader.
I like to write in my free time (surprising? hehe), read a lot of books & have recently been listening to a lot of podcasts, but the main places that I usually keep up with influencers that I follow are on Instagram & Snapchat.
That being said — I want to check out more of your blogs! I am so grateful to the people who read my blog, because even though I am active on all sorts of social media platforms… I’d be happy just blogging & blogging only for all of time.
As I grow with this business & learn more about where I want to take my career, I feel that it’s only right that I get back into READING more blogs. Ya know? Show some love to the people who paved the way for my blog and for the people who have started blogging since.
Karma, karma, karma.
So leave YOUR blog name & the names of your favorite blogs below!! I wanna read, read, read this weekend!
And just because I don’t read a ton of blogs right now doesn’t mean that I’m not wholeheartedly obsessed with the ones I do read and/or the influencers I follow, so here is a list of some of my very favs…
TBB’s Fav Influencers at the Moment:
1. The Southern Yogi // There are a few reasons I’ve become completely obsessed with Morgan Haley of The Southern Yogi. First of all, I started following her journey about a year ago when she was relatively new to yoga. The girl has a KICK ass bod, and was born to be a yogi, but she discovered the practice a couple of years ago and started documenting her journey on Instagram. There is something so completely raw, inspiring and authentic about Morgan’s openness and vulnerability.
Her account is not about twisting into crazy pretzeled positions for show, it’s about being REAL and being on this epic journey of life — with a lot of yoga mixed in. I have become a diehard follower of Morgan… I legit type her account name into my Insta’s “search” bar all day every day to read her down to earth captions and see her unbelievable photos & videos. This girl is going to do BIG, big things. Also, she wears (and loves!) TBV Apparel, so that’s even more epic.
Lastly, she has inspired me to make more yoga vids again. Yoga is slowly but surely working its way back into my life in a real big way… And I am so grateful for the inspiration Morgan has played in that!
2. Yoga Girl // I meeeeannn talk about an INSPIRING chick. I have been following Rachel Brathen for several years now, but what drew me in was not the insanely cool yoga poses she does (I mean, that too), but rather her crazy real ability to draw her readers in with her BEAUTIFULLY written captions. She is one of the only people I avidly stalk on Facebook, simply because the musings about life, love, loss, yoga and growth absolutely can not be missed.
Rachel lost her best friend a couple of years ago, and it was at that point that I became fixated on her and totally obsessed/in love with everything that poured out of her heart. The way she dealt with loss with such vulnerability, openness, and bravery to feel and express PAIN was unbelievably inspiring to me. I needed that unabashed expression of heartache and loss, I needed the example of someone I admired, and she brought it to the table.
I had the opportunity to take a yoga class with Rachel last time she came to LA, and she did not disappoint in person. She was so real, so genuine, so authentic, and asked the audience NOT to take selfies with her afterward but rather talk to her, give her hugs, and share space with her. Cool AF, right? I want to be BFF’s with Rachel, like, yesterday.
3. Gal Meets Glam // Also known as the gorg Julia Engel. I’ll start by saying I am really not big into fashion blogs. I have my own unique, very boho style that is characterized by a LOT of activewear (lol), and I don’t always find a lot of inspiration in fashion blogs beyond the perfectly curated and undoubtedly beautiful imagery.
Julia, on the other hand, takes fashion blogging and photography to a whole new level. Her husband Thomas is her photographer, and together they have created what can be described as none other than an empire of travel, fashion, beauty and lifestyle content. Julia has partnered with dream brands like Ralph Lauren, Prada, and more, and she is someone who genuinely radiates good vibes straight off the screen.
Her travel content makes me want to travel the world, and I also like her because she doesn’t try to be anything she’s not. Her style is very feminine, she loves dresses & hats, and puts together a MEAN travel outfit. She is a genuine chick I’d be friends with in a heartbeat, and that’s the other reason why I adore her stuff.
4. The Skinny Confidential // At this point you guys probably know that I absolutely adore Lauryn’s blog. I love the content she puts out there on the daily and I truly believe she is the true definition of a hustler (in the best way) — always staying one step ahead of what she is already doing to ensure longevity in her brand and business. I dig that, a lot.
I also love Lauryn’s blog and social media platforms because she has a super distinct VOICE that really shines through. You know what you’re going to get when you go to her blog, Instagram, Snapchat, etc., and it is so refreshing to follow someone’s work who knows their style and their vibe and is just unapologetically who they ARE.
I have recently been getting really, really into her podcast, too. Lauryn & her fiancé Michael dish out tons of social media + entrepreneurial advice, answer questions, give BTS tips (how they got on Gary Vee’s show!!!!) and straight up just express who they are in all of their realness, and I like that. Props to my fab intern CHRISTINA for turning me onto their podcast, because now it is my obsession. (I like to listen to podcasts while I run/exercise!)
5. Jessica Olie // To keep the yoga influencer vibes going (can you tell what I’ve been into lately?!?), I have also been super into following the beautiful & down to earth yogi Jessica Olie. Jess was a very recent discovery for me — I found her through Morgan’s account when they traveled to Bali together a few weeks ago, and I have been obsessively stalking ever since.
Jess has gorgeous yoga flow videos & has an eBook that she sells to help people get into yoga. Her authentic captions and killer music in her vids always draw me in, and I also like that she is friends with a bunch of other Instagram yogis and they all hang out in real life… I am ALL ABOUT that real life connection, and any girl who has a lot of girlfriends is a #1 in my heart… Always the sign of an authentically rad person.
But I still want lots & lots of recs!!! Leave them below and add your own blog links so I can check out what you’re all up to and support you right back. <3